Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Gym and a Recipe

Workout: Elliptical 30min, Bi's, Tri's, Shoulders, side leglifts, mega stretching, foam rolling

My nightly goal is to stretch every night because my body is so so tight from NEVER stretching since I cheered in high school.  I missed a couple of days over the weekend, but I'm back to seriousness now.  And believe it or not, the picture below is GREAT improvement. What you can't see is that my foot is neutral (flexed up) and my hand is actually able to grab the ball of my foot! If I had not been taking the picture, my side would have been saying stoooopppppp!!!!! Getting closer and closer to that knee every day and getting better!  

 I stomped my foot and demanded begged Andrew to take me to the gym he is a member of.  Its 2 minutes away and I can only go with him because having two memberships isn't in the cards right now.  So I get to be a "guest" and wait until he gets off work. 

I was SO happy to be able to go somewhere other than the teeny tiny apartment gym we have.  And I must say that I have never seen so many pieces of cardio equipment in my life!! They have EVERY kind you would want to use.  Even the one that you sit on your knees and swing back and forth.  I'll be playing with that one hopefully tomorrow just to see what it's like!
 A good arm workout was FINALLY happening (apt gym does not have free weights for girlies) after a good sweat out on the elliptical.  I def have to work my way back up. or maybe I should buy another book on my Kindle to take and read to keep my mind off of it.  Either way, I think my ipod and tv on mute is enough distraction to keep me from getting bored.  We will see....

So on to the recipe!  Last night Suzy Homemaker made another meal that was a success and I didn't poison anyone.  Who ever thought of pork and spaghetti sauce?  The recipe app on my phone did!  We thought we would try it out and see how it was.  Turns out, its basically Chicken Parmesan, only with pork chops.. served with fettuccini.

Italian Pork Chops
 Ingredients:
2 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp dried bread crumbs (I used Italian)
4 boneless pork chops
2 tbsp olive oil
1 (26oz jar) pasta sauce
1 (8oz bag) Italian cheese blend, shredded
1 lb fettuccini

Directions:
Preheat over to 350*. 
Stir together Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
Dredge pork chops in breadcrumbs mixture.
 Brown pork chops in hot oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
 Spray baking dish and place pork chops in, and pour sauce over them.
 Bake at 350* for 25 minutes. 
Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend (I did not use the entire bag, shocking?) and bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted .
 Serve over fetticcini. BAM.
I even made it all pretty!  We liked this recipe a lot, and it was different from the usual Chicken Parmesan I always order.  Super easy too.  It didn't look like the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture would be enough to coat all pork chops, but it was the perfect amount for a very light coating.  Very tasty.
Note to self: stir fetticcini frequently while cooking so some pieces are not stuck together and hard.

Hope you enjoy as much we did!

Now to foam roll one more time before bed.  

2 comments:

  1. That recipe looks so yummy! Pork and cheese... can't go wrong.

    I always get so bored on the elliptical too. I usually read because its no fun otherwise. The gym in general is just not as fun as running (especially running outside) but its the best we can do right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for you that your rest time is almost over! Any good books I should look into reading?

      Delete