Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New Recipe and New Obsession

Over the weekend, I finally gave in and made a pinterest account.  I've always browsed, and said I didn't have time to "pin". But now that I'm married, we LOVE food and trying new things, so what better way than pin recipes to try so that we know exactly where to find them?! Works for me :)

So I found this recipe posted by Mrs Happy Homemaker and HAD to give it a try.


Ingredients:
1 (16oz) box penne pasta
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/4 cup prepared pesto
2 cups mozzarella cheese
(I substitued asparagus for cubed chicken breast)
 

 Started with cutting up the chicken, salt and peppa, and cook on low heat until done.

Cooked the pasta, threw in ranch, pesto, and 1/2 cup of cheese, and mixed.
Like I said, I wanted it a little more creamy and a more strong flavor, so I added extra pesto and ranch.
Mixed in the chicken, and stirred stirred stirred.

Pour mixure in a small casserole dish and topped with remaining cheese.
 Broil in oven for 3 mins or so until cheese starts to brown... and....

WA-LA!
 Picture perfect!!! It was DELicious!! Thank you Mrs Happy Homemaker for sharing the awesome recipe! It worked out even better that Andrew worked late, so when he walked in the door dinner was on the table waiting (stalked the window watching for him). He normally gets off way to early to have dinner finished, so this made him pretty happy! Happy husband, happy wife!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Anybody out there obsessed with The Vampire Diaries as we are??


We started watching the seasons from the beginning on Netflix last week and can not get enough of it! Last night we finished season 1 and it ended GOOD! It def reminds me a lot of the Twilight story line in a way- two guys in love with the same girl. Go get hooked!

Love.Love


No comments:

Post a Comment